Where to Go and What to See
DVD - Discover Warwickshire
A DVD called Discover Warwickshire, produced by Nuneaton based filmmaker Simon Cox, is available from the Shakespeare Country online shop. Click on the trailer below for a preview.
The Discover Warwickshire DVD is now available for you to order online from the Shakespeare Country shop for £10.99 plus postage.
Staying in South Warwickshire and The Cotswolds
If you are planning to hire one of our cars and want to book to stay locally then click on Accommodation and enter the required dates in the box to the right and click on the Search button.
Driving Around South Warwickshire and The Cotswolds
For details of 4 short leisurely drives each taking approximately half a day see the Leisure Drives section.
For a longer more challenging drive of 120 miles see the Test Hills Run section. This describes the background to the run itself and John Macartney who set the route. Full details of this route are available (in return for a donation to the Guide Dogs for the Blind Association) from The Open Road when you collect the car. Classic Car Venues If you are interested in seeing more classic cars and not just driving for the day, there are three excellent motor museums within reasonable distance of us.
- Cotswold Motor Museum in Bourton on the Water
- Heritage Motor Centre at Gaydon
- Transport Museum in Coventry
We include a superb touring map of The Cotswolds in the information pack in car. This is an excellent map produced by GoldenEye and has the whole of The Cotswolds, covering South Warwickshire, most of Worcestershire and Gloucestershire, on a single fold out map.
On the reverse are six circular Scenic Drives:
1) Cheltenham via Winchcombe, Stanway, Broadway, Chipping Campden, Moreton in Marsh, Stow on the Wold, Bourton on the Water, Burford, Bibury, Cirencester, Tetbury, Nailsworth, Stroud, Painswick and back to Cheltenham. (About 108 miles).
2) Burford via Taynton, Barringtons, Sherborne, Northleach, Hazleton, Withington, Chedworth, Fossebridge, Coln St Dennis, Ablington, Bibury, Coln St Aldwyn, Eastleach, Southrop, Filkins, Shilton, Swinbrook and back to Burford. (About 60 miles).
3) Stratford upon Avon via Bidford on Avon, Bretforton, Willersey, Broadway, Snowshill, Temple Guiting, Naunton, Upper Slaughter, Lower Swell, Stow on the Wold, Adlestrop, Chastleton, Moreton in Marsh, Bourton on the Hill, Blockley, Chipping Campden, Ebrington, Lower Quinton and back to Stratford upon Avon. (About 80 miles).
4) Gloucester via Elmore, Epney, Frampton on Severn, Cambridge, Berkeley, Stinchcombe, North Nibley, Wotton under Edge, Uley, Selsey, Nailsworth, Westonbirt, Malmesbury, Tetbury, Avening, Cherington, Sapperton, Bisley, Slad, Painswick and back to Gloucester. (About 90 miles).
5) Westbury on Severn via Blaisdon, Aston Ingham, Longhope, Mitcheldean, Ruardean, Upper Lydbrook, Parkend, Blakeney, Lower Soudley, Littledean and back to Westbury on Severn. (About 45 miles).
6) Tewkesbury via Bredon, Overbury, Beckford, Elmley Castle, Little Comberton, Wick, Pershore, Upton upon Severn, Malvern Wells, Malvern, Ledbury, Eastnore, Redmarley, Staunton, Tirley, Deerhurst and back to Tewkesbury. (About 65 miles).