The Open Road Classic Car Hire Gift Vouchers
Gift Vouchers from The Open Road make ideal Christmas presents
The Open Road Classic Car Hire offers a range of personalised Gift Vouchers which are ideal as a Christmas gift or as a present for Valentine's Day or for any other special occasion: Mother's Day; Father's Day; one of the big birthdays, 40th, 50th, 60th, 70th or even 75th; an anniversary; retirement or for any other type of Red Letter Day that springs to mind.
Each gift voucher is printed off individually and shows a picture of the chosen classic car, the recipients name and the appropriate date (Christmas Day, Valentine's Day, birthday, anniversary, retirement etc). The gift voucher is valid for 12 months from the date shown. Within reasonable limits we can print anything on the vouchers, so it could just say Happy Christmas, All My Love or anything relevant to the occasion.
If you are unsure of which classic or sports car to choose as a present, then the cars are priced in Bands and you can opt for a gift voucher that says Any classic car up to Band C or D or E or similar. Each voucher comes complete with a copy of our current brochure allowing the recipient to make his/her own choice of classic car at a date to suit them. If the preference is for a make of car rather than a general voucher we can produce a voucher that covers any Jaguar, MG or Triumph.
Alternatively you can put an amount of money on a gift voucher, £100, £200 etc, towards the hire of a classic car, and the recipient can then make his/her own choice of which classic car to drive, and pay the difference, if appropriate, when booking the car. If you do book a car for a specific day's driving, we can still produce an appropriately dated Gift Voucher as a souvenir.
So that there is no danger of giving the game away, all our post is sent out in plain envelopes and we dont use a franking machine.
This is particularly appropriate at Christmas or for a Winter birthday or anniversary. Our classic cars are enjoyed at their best in good weather, so why not give him a book about his favourite Austin Healey, MG, Triumph or Jaguar, which can be read over the Winter. The car can then be hired out when the good weather arrives in the Spring or Summer.
Keeping a secret
Keeping a secret
We are past masters at all the subterfuge needed to help keep a surprise present a secret.
- If there is a risk of your post being opened by your partner, we can send the gift voucher and Christmas present to your work address or to a neighbour or other family member.
All of our post goes out in plain envelopes or plain packaging with nothing on the outside to give the game away.
It is necessary to complete an insurance form before the hire but we have agreed with our insurers that this may be signed by someone other than the driver.
- We need to photocopy the drivers licence, but this can be done on the day so you dont have to find it in advance.
- Many of our customers just turn up on our doorstep without even knowing where they were going. The penny normally drops as they drive through our gate to find the chosen classic car facing them. Many of them are relieved to know they arent parachuting out of an aeroplane or going up in a hot air balloon.
- A few people have even arrived wearing blindfolds, but this isnt normally necessary.
- We have delivered cars to hotels and for one wedding the groom was told he was collecting the flowers. Much to his amazement, he received an E-Type instead.
- Short of wrapping the car or disguising it as something else, we are happy to collude with our customers to keep the secret for as long as possible.
- The 13 July 2007 issue of Chat Magazine included an article from Christine Parsons who planned a surprise trip for her husband, using our Triumph TR6 to tour around Warwickshire.